Saturday 21 October 2017

Week 5

A week without Bruno.  Was he missed? I, for one, didn't miss him & felt it was much more sedate & controlled (apart from when Craig did his impersonation, which was hysterical!)

The performances:

Davood & Nadiya - Jive
A bit heavy in his body, his shoulders were helping him bounce instead of his ankles & knees. Flicks & kicks not bad but he needs to control his free arm, it can get a bit erratic.
My score - 7

Molly & AJ - Viennese Waltz
Good upper body but too much faffing at the start. Her reverse fleckerl had too many backward crosses in it, There are 6 counts in a fleckerl (which is usually danced twice, so a total of 12) she crossed on every other count instead of just count 2 and 8. Her natural fleckerl was correct though. Footwork was quite nice through most of it.
My score - 8

Simon & Karen - Charleston
Couple of timing errors at the start but the rest got better. Good fun to watch but no swivels. Lots of content & he seemed to cope with most of it.
My score - 6

Debbie & Giovanni
I know a lot of people aren't warming to her but you can't deny that was a nicely danced Rumba. Elegant, great leg & hip actions & good flexibility. This is a hard dance to master & she did a pretty good job of it.  Shame about the balance issue on her last set of walks away from him (caused by her foot not being under the hip but crossing over slightly).
My score - 9

Brian & Amy - Jive
Heavy footed, & sloppy kicks.  He got tired half way through. He was stepping instead of dancing chasses at some points. Good content though & no errors.
My score - 5

Susan & Kevin - Cha Cha Cha
She may not be the best dancer but I love watching her.  She's always great fun.  Her feet were a bit too off the floor for this dance & she lacked hip actions but a great performance as ever.
My score - 6

Aston & Janette - Waltz
Very romantic. Poise a bit off & too far forward at times. Needed to be a bit more fluid in places. Good stride & frame though.
My score - 8

Ruth & Anton - Samba
Very clever Anton, parody something & you can get away with your own lack of ability! It was all voltas & botafogos (& not much else!). She did have a good bounce action & it was good fun.  She was on the wrong foot for one section of botafogos.
My score - 6

Gemma & Aljaz - Foxtrot
Very pretty. Held her frame well during all of the spins.  Good flow but I disagree with Darcy about her head line, I thought it was fine. She aso did the correct footwork on her reverse wave which is tricky for all ladies to master. Just lacked rise & fall 7 she needed to hold some of her quicks a bit longer.
My score - 8

Joe & Katya - Paso Doble
So where did that come from?!  He was on a par with Alexandra's Paso tonight.  Very commanding, great shaping & good leads.  Great knee work too as that is tricky if your weight isn't controlled properly.  Very impressive Paso.
My score - 9

Alexandra & Gorka - Samba
Quite good but needed to finish some o her lines more cleanly. Great isolation & quite raunchy in places! I hate to be proved right but I said on my weekly BBC Radio Kent slot this morning that her weakness was her pigeon toes & finally all the judges mentioned it!
My score - 8

Jonnie & Oti - Quickstep
Light & fast. Confident performance with good travel across the floor. Just needs to keep his pelvis forwards more at times.
My score 8

My bottom 2 - Brian & Ruth (for her mistakes)

Next week my blog will be late again I'm afraid but I have a good excuse - I'll be in the Strictly audience!

until then,

keeeeep dancing!

Lloyd x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semi Finals

The penultimate show of the series already?! Where did that time go?  So this week the celebs do 2 dances each & my opinions of those we...