Saturday 9 December 2017

Semi Finals

The penultimate show of the series already?! Where did that time go?  So this week the celebs do 2 dances each & my opinions of those were:

Joe & Katya - American Smooth
Great routine, smooth & controlled. Brilliant lifts too. Just needs to watch his left shoulder as it rises on occasions.
My score - 9

Alexandra & Gorka - Viennese Waltz
Needs to pull away from him more.  Ideally her chest should not be on his & she was boob to boob with him. Her right arm was also too straight for most of the in-hold section. Good rotation & arms out of hold were nice.
My score - 8

Mollie & AJ - Samba
She was wrong footed at one point. Her core was too weak so looked like she was getting thrown around a lot. Needed more control.
My score - 7

Gemma & Aljaz - Rumba
Very good leg actions & nice hips. Nicely romantic.  Just needed more pressure into the floor to aid the control.
My score - 9

Debbie & Giovanni - Jive
I must have been watching a different dance! Her flicks were too loose & lacked retraction. She looked like she was struggling to keep up with the routine. Her chasses were too flat footed & she had no jive rock action.
My score - 6

Joe & Katya - Argentine Tango
Awful music but great routine. Stunning lifts & control. Major shame about the balance issues.
My score - 9 (would have been 10 but for the balance issue)

Alexandra & Gorka - Salsa
Fast & full of content. Got a feeling she made an error & stepped back instead of forward at one point? Maybe it's just me but I felt there was a lack of correct hip action in a lot of it.
My score - 9

Mollie & AJ - Waltz
Light & romantic. Nice timing.  Shame about the error. I disagreed with Shirley & felt she needed to soften her standing leg in her pivots to help with the rotation.
My score - 8

Gemma & Aljaz - Tango
Sharp & strong. All of her kicks & flicks were exactly the same height as Aljaz. Agree with Craig regarding the position of her left hand, it needed to face down to the foor & have her fingers together.
My score - 9

Debbie & Giovanni - Foxtrot
She made an error near the stage & had to correct herself to get onto the right foot. No toe release on her basic steps. At times her left wrist was 'broken' & created what I call a swans neck. Nicely fluid though.
My score - 8

My bottom 2 this week - Mollie & Debbie

Will be interesting to see who will be in the dance off as (from memory) only Joe & Gemma have not been in the dance-off yet?

Until then,

keeeep dancing!

Lloyd x

1 comment:

  1. I and several dance teachers thought the Debbie jive was really poor. She's lucky to be mid table in the judges scoreboard but as she is I suspect the bottom 2 of Gemma and Mollie will also be in the dance off

    ReplyDelete

Semi Finals

The penultimate show of the series already?! Where did that time go?  So this week the celebs do 2 dances each & my opinions of those we...