Sunday 15 October 2017

Week 4

So, here we are again.  Apologies for the late posting, I was out running my own social dance last night.

Straight onto the performances this week:

Debbie & Giovanni - Cha Cha Cha
Legs too straight so lacked hip action & I didn't like her fan action - the steps were wrong & she closed on the wrong beat. I also found her performance a bit sterile tonight.  She did do a good attempt at Latin crosses in her lock steps though.
My score - 6

Brian & Amy - Paso
Too much faffing about at the start. When he did actually start, he started his promenade on the wrong foot. His face wasn't aggressive/arrogant enough for me & his balance was off during his elevations.
My score - 5

Molly & AJ - Salsa
Her basic steps were too big so no hip rotation. A bit too much visible preparation to get into the lifts but the roll down was quite good.
My score - 6

Davood & Nadiya - Viennese Waltz
Nowhere near enough Viennese in it & no fleckerl. More like an American Smooth version. Awful music - not even the correct beat for this dance. He did calm down the leading & had a good frame.
My score - 6 (would have been more without the illegal lift)

Charlotte & Brendan - Jive
Still had errors, shame. Good flick ball changes but maybe a bit too many of them. Not many basic figures but her dancing is improving.
My score - 5

Jo & Katya - Cha Cha Cha
Not his best. He was concentrating so much on his isolation it ended up looking forced & stilted. You could see he has worked hard but didn't really pay off.
My score - 5

Ruth & Anton - Tango
Her best yet.  Good concentration. Great content - was all quicks but no errors. Needed more flex in her knees & keep her poise back and chin up.
My score - 6

Aston & Janette - Quickstep
Way over marked! Too laboured in hold, leap was too heavy. Not enough flow & he was pigeon toed. Good body contact though
My score - 6 (clearly I was watching a different dance)

Simon & Karen - Samba
Too heavy footed, no hips. No foot turn out on voltas. Good amount of basic figures but a few errors. He did go for it though
My score - 4

Gemma & Aljaz - Paso
Great attack & engagement to the dance. Good timing & shapings. Just needs to watch her chin at times.
My score - 8

Alexandra & Gorka - Jive
Another one with pigeon toes! Good energy & good flicks & kicks. Great timing, just a shame about the toes!
My score - 9

Jonnie & Oti - Smooth
Amazing passion & styling. She is a fabulous choreographer. Good lifts & great timing. Just needs to watch his posture in hold.
My score - 8

Susan & Kevin - Quickstep
Loved it! Great energy, great performance. Light & bouncy & no errors. Just needs to pull up her frame more.
My score - 8

Bottom 2 this week - Brian & Simon for me.

Until next week

keeeeep dancing!

Lloyd x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semi Finals

The penultimate show of the series already?! Where did that time go?  So this week the celebs do 2 dances each & my opinions of those we...