Sunday 26 November 2017

Week 10

Hi all, here we are at week 10, only 4 weeks to go and it's all over for another year!

So what did you all think of the Paso Doblethon?  I liked the idea but unfortunately the camera editing makes it hard to see anything.  I personally think it would have been better to have a single camera shot of the whole floor.

Anyway, onto the performances:

Joe & Katya - Quickstep
Fast, energetic & light.  Great body contact & footwork too. He just got a little hunched in his frame at times & his right hand was a little splayed on her back. Good effort as no errors in a fast & full routine.
My score - 9

Alexandra & Gorka - Rumba
Not very charismatic, not enough connection between them for me. She needed more pressure through the floor & more control to allow for more hip action. Her leg actions were also not strong enough, too many unlocked knees for me.  In Rumba, when you are standing on a supporting leg it pretty much needs to be locked straight & hers weren't.
My score - 7

Gemma & Aljaz - Samba
Good bounce action. Good characterisation & story telling. Needed more hip action & body isolation in places & her free arm was a bit unfocused at times.
My score - 8

Molly & AJ - Quickstep
Nice & light. There was a bit of tension in her top line & face at times. Good body contact but her poise was a bit too upright during some of the faster sections.
My score - 8

Davood & Nadiya  - Waltz
Needed to get his elbows up - they were a bit weak & his head was too central - should have been looking more towards his left hand. He also needed more sway. Elegant & romantic though. Very good footwork & control. Nice to see him in a proper tail suit.
My score - 8

Debbie & Giovanni - Argentine Tango
Wow, that was stunning.  Like her or not, I think we all have to admit that she danced that really well.  Exceptional leg lines & control. Great, sharp actions.  Just needed to hold her top line in some of the lifts.
My score - 9

Susan & Kevin - American Smooth
Sweet & entertaining. Not much technique & lots of gapping. Needed much more drive & swing in the foxtrot sections.
My score - 6

The Paso Doblethon (is that how you spell it?!?!)

I watched the performances 3 times to try to get an idea of scoring it, then I watched the judges placings.  My placings from 1t -7th were:

1st - Alexandra & Gorka
2nd - Joe & Katya
3rd - Debbie & Giovanni
4th - Gemma & Aljaz
5th - Davood & Nadiya
6th - Mollie & AJ
7th - Susan & Kevin

So the only one I disagreed on with the judges was Gemma & Davood.  That's what judging is all about though - people & judges have different opinions as they are looking for slightly different things.

So my bottom 2 this week (not including the paso doblethon) - Susan & Alexandra.  I doubt Alexandra will be in the bottom two. I am also concerned that Susan won't be in the bottom 2 and if Debbie is there again she will b saved & we will lose a good dancer too early.  Having said that, we have that most series so why should this be any different?!

My blog next week may not be published until Monday I'm afraid as I'm in Blackpool scrutineering at a competition all Saturday & Sunday.  If I get a chance I will try to publish it but there may not be an opportunity to do so until I get back home on Monday - sorry!

Until then,

keeeeep dancing!

Lloyd x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semi Finals

The penultimate show of the series already?! Where did that time go?  So this week the celebs do 2 dances each & my opinions of those we...