Saturday 4 November 2017

Week 7

This week felt a lot better than last week with regards to the overall energy & performances for me, do you all agree? I sometimes wonder whether themed weeks are as good as people expect them to be - they seem to miss something.

The performances this week

Alexandra & Gorka - Cha Cha Cha
Good energy & arms, knee & leg actions very good for most of it but her supporting foot was turned in at certain points. Needed more pressure into the floor to aid hip actions in places.
My score - 8 (I spotted errors so couldn't give a 10, maybe I was watching something differently to the judges?!)

Mollie & AJ - Foxtrot
Quite nice fow & grace, good poise. She missed some footwork - some heel leads missed & when a lady dances backwards in this dance there is something called No Foot Rise, which means she stays down in her feet but rises through her knees & body: she didn't achieve the NFR is places. Elegant but a shame about the stumble.
My score - 7

Jo & Katya - Charleston
His best yet. Great energy, great lifts & great swivels. I did spot one timing error when he was near the judges table which was the only error I could see.
My score - 9

Gemma & Aljaz - Salsa
Good energy but wasn't that keen on some of the lifts. Her hips were lateral rather than rotating as she needed to be a bit more down into the floor & 'earthy'.
My score - 7

Aston & Janette - Viennese Waltz
Not good.  Nowhere near soft enough & too much rise & fall. His fleckerl had heel leads in it somehow. No sway on naturals & not enough drive.  He was better out of hold
My score - 6

Ruth & Anton - Paso Doble
A typical Anton latin dance - not much content due to his lack of ability & going for the comedic routine.  This could have been a good dance for her if she had a better partner. Enjoyable to watch, good timing & good stalking kicks.
My score - 6

Debbie & Giovanni
I spotted a few heel leads missed.  However she kept away from rise & fall (which is good). Good staccato & nic head movements. Good content too
My score - 9

Jonnie & Oti
Good timing & confident lifts. Needed more hip action but had a good body rhythm. Good armography.
My score - 8

Susan & Kevin
Great timing & she didn't run out of steam. Good content & her flicks had a good pumping action. Light & fast
My score - 8

Davood & Nadiya
What a dance! Incredible lifts, great footwork, great timing & excellent performance.  He just needed a little more drive from his standing foot in the foxtrot sections.
My score - 9

My bottom 2 this week - Ruth & Aston

Until next week,

keeeeep dancing!

Lloyd x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semi Finals

The penultimate show of the series already?! Where did that time go?  So this week the celebs do 2 dances each & my opinions of those we...