Saturday 30 September 2017

Week 2

Well here we are - week 2 & the first elimination tomorrow (even though we know it's tonight!). As is the norm, I will put my bottom 2 at the end of the performances.

The performances this week:

Chizzy & Pasha
Great personality, gives it her all.  Good timing but not liking his choreography so far this season.  Attempted a heel turn & I've seen worse. Not enough glide or grace for a foxtrot & she needed a better frame & poise.
My score - 4

Aston & Janette
Very fast & good isolation. Great tricks but shame about the missed hold in the last lift & the dismount from that lift was dodgy too. He also got ahead of her for a few steps in one part.
My score - 8

Susan & Kevin
Full of character & personality, very fun to watch.No swivels but good synchronicity & timing.
My score - 5

Charlotte & Brendan
Such a shame. I think she was so worried about the spin it affected her concentration & confidence for the entire routine.  I think he should have taken it out & done something simpler.  Sometimes it better to do a simple thing well than a difficult thing badly. He let he down big time in my opinion. As a result her technique was all wrong.
My score - 3

Jo & Katya
Bloody awful music. Couple of errors & a sloppy frame. Way too much faffing at the beginning & too skippy due to his knees not being flexed enough. He had a bad hand on her back too.
My score - 4

Brian & Amy
No hips, bad leg actions.  His latin cross actions were non-existent. Too much disco, not enough Cha Cha Cha. He also did some errors in the routine.
My score - 3

Gemma & Aljaz
Flowing & elegant. Good rise & fall in places but not everywhere it was needed. Few heel leads missed & she needs to keep her feet gliding over the floor, not lift them between placements.
My score - 7

Rev Richard & Dianne
Good rhythm but that's about it. Clunky, bad frame & bad poise. No fluidity on he was on the wrong foot at one point.
My score - 3

Ruth & Anton
Better than last week.  Good energy & swivels. Just needs to do more with her free arms.
My score - 6

Simon & Karen
Again he was better. Music was not the best as it's beat was very weak. Not a bad frame. Couple of timing issues and shame about the end.
My score - 5

Molly & AJ
Another improvement. Good attack & performance. Needed more flexed knees to help staccato & needs a stronger resistance in her frame.
My score - 6

Jonnie & Oti
Good speed & energy, Good rhythm. Some flicks needed more retraction in my opinion & he missed a step in the solo flicks section. Needs to pay attention to his free arm.
My score - 7

Debbie & Giovanni
Very elegant - he is playing to her strengths. A bit too balletic in places for me (especially with some of the foot turn outs). Good poise & hold, good fleckerl, just a few heels could have been stronger.
My score - 8

Davood & Nadia
Very fast which was reflected in his raised shoulders in hold. Didn't close feet on scatter chasses & a bit hectic in places for me.  Agree with Shirley that he doesn't need gimmicks or tricks to paper over cracks in his ability, just let him dance well.
My score - 6

Alexandra & Gorka
Wow, week 2 produces probably one of the best Paso's ever in my opinion.  Good shaping, expression & passion. Good control.  Only thing for me was that her foot placements in her chasse capes were a bit too 'flicky'.
My score - 9

I actually think a lot of people were over marked this week but maybe I'm slowly turning into Craig!

My bottom 2 - Rev Richard & Brian but doubt either will be there due to their popularity!

Until next week......

Keeeeep dancing!!

Lloyd x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Semi Finals

The penultimate show of the series already?! Where did that time go?  So this week the celebs do 2 dances each & my opinions of those we...