Sunday 8 October 2017

Week 3

Sorry it's so late this week - busy weekend!  Best get straight to it!!

Simon & Karen - Quickstep
Very little basic quickstep.  Runs too heavy & on wrong foot a couple of times. Hated the music.  Not sure what Darcey was on about as he didn't do scatter chasses - the runs are usually called a rocket (ironically!).  Bit stompy for me.
My score - 4

Ruth & Anton - Rumba
She needs to get her knees straight to have any chance of getting a hip action. Good thing a she didn't do any heel leads (unlike Anton during the pivots!).  A few timing issues but I disagree with the judges I quite liked the sophisticated rumba.  It was sort of sexy in an understated way.  I prefer that to a very sexualised rumba.
My score - 4

Molly & AJ - Smooth
Nowhere near enough foxtrot content.  Legally, only 40% is allowed out of hold & he had about 70 seconds in a 90 second routine out of hold.  Her dismounts were sloppy & was I the only one who spotted her come up on her toes during her feather step when she should remain down?  There is no foot rise in that figure for lady!
My score - 6

Richard & Dianne
Appels were jumps rather than sharp foot lowerings. He was stampy & not sharp. No shapings or correct posture.
My score - 3

Debbie & Giovanni - Quickstep
Light, good foot speed & good body contact.  Needs to watch her poise during the fast sections as she stands too upright. Another one with too much out of hold.
My score - 8

Brian & Amy - Smooth
Better than last week. Good footwork but needed more swing & stride. Needed more rise & fall too. Great performance.  Better out of hold than in as he's lighter on his feet.
My score - 5

Gemma & Aljaz - Charleston
Great energy & styling. Good connection with each other. Shame there wasn't more swivel action. Good lifts.
My score - 8

Charlotte & Brendan - Tango
Fewer errors than last week but still some.  When she goes wrong she needs to move on & not let it affect the rest of her performance. No heel leads & too upright. Brendan was wrong  - I saw rise & fall too due to her not being in her knees & not doing heel leads.
My score - 4

Jonnie & Oti - Paso
Pretty good. Fast footwork, great leading & correct footwork mostly. Just needs to sort his backside out & get it underneath him to help his poise.
My score - 7

Susan & Kevin - Samba
Always fun to watch. Needed a better latin cross action on her whisks & more bounce in places. Good amount of samba figures, good timing & lots of energy. Seen worse sambas in other series!
My score - 6

Joe & Katya - Viennese Waltz
Needs to get his shoulders pulled back & his pelvis forward. Fleckerl needed to be a fraction lighter -  a bit flat footed for me. Otherwise quite nice with good rotation & travelled it well. Good footwork & control
My score - 8

Aston & Janette - Cha Cha Cha
Good energy & timing. Hip actions a  bit forced at times & he was trying to get knee actions right but not all the time which resulted in some steps being a bit 'flicky'. Good latin crosses attempted & a good lead in the pot stirrer.  I did spot a couple of heel leads though.
My score - 8

Alexandra & Gorka - Smooth
Very sweet, if a bit 'safe' for me.  Needed to be bigger for smooth. Nice timing & acted it well. Good lifts but needed more proper foxtrot - another one with too much out of hold.
My score - 8

Davood & Nadiya - Samba
Good isolation in his hip rotations. Bit stilted in his basic actions - needs to smooth them out. Bit frantic due to over leading it.
My score - 7

Just to clarify - I have not yet watched the result show or looked at Facebook so don't know who has gone out!

My bottom 2  - Richard & Ruth

I'm afraid my blog next week will be late again as I'm running a social dance Saturday night & taking my kids to play in a rugby tournament on Sunday - sorry!

until then,

keeeeeep dancing!

Lloyd x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semi Finals

The penultimate show of the series already?! Where did that time go?  So this week the celebs do 2 dances each & my opinions of those we...